The Self Made Pundit

I'm just the guy that can't stand cant. ___________


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, September 11, 2003
 
A TIME FOR WORDS, A TIME FOR REMEMBRANCE: What to write about today?

Last night I thought that I would write about Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s foolish dismissal of the need for more troops in Iraq. No, not today.

Before starting work this morning, I considered writing about how President Bush’s mismanagement of the economy and Iraq are causing his poll numbers to plunge. No, I’ll save that for another day.

At lunchtime I decided to write about the goodwill squandered by Bush’s arrogance during the past two years. No, my heart just wasn’t in it.

On the train home tonight I started making notes about Bush’s lack of judgment in plunging into Iraq before finishing off Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda. Now there’s a good topic for today. But for once, I don’t want to focus on Bush and his maladministration.

I don’t want to write much about anything today. I want to reflect on the thousands of innocents that were slaughtered on September 11, 2001.

There will be time enough tomorrow to rail against the incompetence and dishonesty of the Bush administration.

If you haven’t already, join me in remembering the relatives, loved ones, friends, colleagues and strangers who left us that day two years ago.

IN MEMORIAM